Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sprinkled Garlic Powder

Hello wonderful people!

A few short stories from this week:

-There was an adorable little girl (age 2) who was sitting in front of us at church on Sunday. She kept pointing and reaching for my name tag, so I gave it to her. She instantly put it up to her shirt, right where mine was. And gave me the biggest grin. It made my week. It's the little things.

- I went on exchanges with the fantastic Sister Parke this week and we experienced SO MANY MIRACLES. One of them: We walk out of the library after an awesome lesson with a recent convert, and we see a man and woman sitting on a bench. The woman looks pretty down, so Sister Parke walks over to them (with me following close behind) and says, "Hello! Can I give you a picture of Jesus to brighten your day??" To which the woman, says, "Yes, please." She then bursts into tears and we find out that she's been going through a really tough time and we were an answer to her prayers. She and her husband are getting baptized on July 5th!

-And then, there was this little moment with Sister Parke: I had a man tell me that I still had things I needed to work out with Jesus. He said he could see it in my eyes. And that was a bit disconcerting. I kinda wanted to cry, but I didn't. All aboard the struggle bus haha.

-We helped a member paint her house. Pretty normal right? Well, this house happens to be pretty old. Which is awesome. Not so awesome is that this woman has a few dogs, and a few cats. I'm sorry, did I say few? I meant over 10. And most of them are wild. So we go over there, and she has sprinkled garlic powder all over her house to get rid of the fleas. Yepp. Fleas. I don't know if you've ever painted a garlic-smelling house with no air conditioning in the Georgia heat and humidity, but I will never EVER be able to forget that smell. And then I discovered the fleas that were sucking my blood on my ankles. NO THANK YOU. But man, did that trim look excellent.

-A comment: It's just a tad bit hot here. Hot and HUMID. Holy cow. It's like swimming. Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but we're not in Washington anymore folks.

-A quote: "Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more." -Elder Richard G. Scott
I share this with y'all because a kind friend shared it with me, and I hope that it can give you as much comfort as it gave me.

I love you all. Never give up.
-Sister Szilagyi

No comments:

Post a Comment