Monday, February 9, 2015

So Close

Greetings my beautiful people!

CHURCH SIGN:
"It's time to log into Faithbook"
Yessssssss.

It's going to be a short and sweet one today, because I have approximately zero time left to email... how does time fly so quickly when you are trying to email fantastic people that you love???

Some great moments/quotes from the week:

-Last P-day, we went bowling as missionaries and I was really horrible until I got to my last frame. Three strikes in a row. BAM. Dad, are you proud of me? We call that hustlin' here....

-We were teaching a family the first lesson, and Sister Bell asks the little boy who is on the cover of the pamphlet (by the way, it's Jesus). He looks at it and responds uncertainly, "George Washington?" So close.

-We went over to visit G, an awesome member who was recently baptized and she was talking about her baptism. She told us she was extremely happy that day. In her words, "I almost drowned, I was smilin' so hard."

-We went to visit an investigator, but she wasn't home. This happens more often than we'd like to admit as missionaries. But there were a bunch of cute kids playing in the street, so we went over to talk to them. One kid had a ripstick (which is a contraption/death machine that is sort of like a skateboard with two parts that move independently connected together in the middle.) Anyway, I told him that I could ride it (thank you Isabel for buying a ripstick that I practiced on during the summers that I was home from college). He told me that I had to prove it, so I took off my shoes and almost, but didn't, kill myself riding on that ripstick down the hill in my skirt and name tag. They thought we were pretty cool after that.

-We attended the beautiful baptism of W this week and I plum love that man. He looks like Santa, with a barbed wire tattoo on his forearm, and he sat up there after his baptism and with little tears in his eyes said, "This is the happiest day of my life." And he meant every word.

I love you all. Be happy! The world is full of goodness!
Sister Szilagyi

No comments:

Post a Comment