Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My Heart is Full

This is the end. Hold your breath and count to 10. I hope a few people got that reference. Because it's been stuck in my head for the past week. Maybe Heavenly Father's way of preparing me for the inevitable...

Sister Waddoups is being transferred :( And so is Sister Jeppson and Elder Hunsicker. Mucho sadness. But all good things must come to an end. And... all four sisters (Sister Waddoups, Sister Jeppson, Sister Tevi, and I) will be training! I have been praying to be pushed out of my comfort zone, and I hope this is it. I feel as though I have just barely finished training, but I will do my best to love the guts out of my brand-spankin' new companion. So next week, you will get the all of the info on her. She's going to be wonderful.

A few updates that I felt were terribly important:

I have ring/watch/shoe tan lines. Yupp. Happy April everybody!

I will miss Sister Jeppson pranking me every day, and her kindness, and her hugs.
I will miss Elder Hunsicker's wit and angel voice
I will miss Sister Waddoup's laugh and how much we have in common. My new companion better be an alto, or singing hymns every morning is going to be awkward...

Every day I am grateful that I do not have allergies. Knock on wood.

Sometimes people are suspicious of two white girls walking around the southside. By sometimes, I mean ALMOST ALWAYS.

But seriously, things are wonderful down here. The ward is wonderful, the people, and wonderful, the weather is wonderful, and I am one happy camper. D and G are still on track to be baptized on the 12th, and we're super excited. They are just the cutest things ever. I love them so much. This Sunday, D told us that he had finished the whole first chapter of 1 Nephi, in the Book of Mormon. He was super proud. Those kids are just super duper wonderful.

Also, we were able to watch the General Women's Broadcast Saturday night, and my oh my, was that just wonderful. It made me feel so overwhelming grateful for the amazing women in my life. Specifically my mother, my aunts, my teachers, and those of you who I call "Second Mom". I have been given a surplus of remarkable, strong, faithful, covenant-keeping women in my life that have been fantastic examples of who I want to be. I love you all so much. My heart is full, and I am so grateful to be part of this work.

Until next week,
Sister Szilagyi

No comments:

Post a Comment