Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Chickenpox Feet

Sooo..... Remember how last week I said I had chickenpox feet because of mosquito bites? Yeah, well turns out they were/are chigger bites! Whoo hoo! And let me tell you, those are the itchiest things in the whole wide world. Mother, I stand corrected. She told me that I would get them, and I laughed it off. I wasn't laughing when I was knocked out due to the Benadryl I took to stop the swelling...

Other than the painful feet episode, things have been just dandy down here in the South! HAPPY BELATED EASTER! This has been truly the most meaningful and beautiful Easter season that I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying.

I have been overwhelmed with my love for my Savior this week and really coming to know Him. Actually know Him. And it's something I work on every day.

Some sad news: E and O told us that they're going on a spiritual adventure and following where the Lord is leading them, so we can't come over anymore because they'll be out and about. I have to admit, the call came as a bit of a shock because last Sunday, E got up, took me with her, got up on the stand in front of the congregation, and... proceeded to take off her jacket and PREACH. And I mean preach; she told everyone that she was gonna "Talk like a colored woman talks" and then told everyone how we had been sent to her from God, yelling into that microphone. Oh E, we will always be best friends, no matter what. She's so cool.

This week was a wonderful one. We were able to see many miracles and teach many lessons. We had a wonderful zone conference with many other missionaries where Sister Walker, Elder Gemmell (one of our zone leaders) and Elder Faleao (a crazy cool Samoan/Tongan with crazy cool musical gifts), and I sang a 4-part laid-back Jamaican style rendition of "Love is Spoken Here". Give me a song to sing, and people to jam with, and I am a happy camper.

This week, one of our investigators fell asleep as I was praying. It was maybe a 20 second prayer, and she's on the mature end of the age spectrum...

This week I was able to see a grown man on his knees, overcome with sorrow from sin. I was able to comfort another who said that he has been considering suicide and had prayed for someone to come help him. I was able to explain the nature of God, our Heavenly Father, to a couple who have had questions most of their lives, and here, finally, they were able to find answers in the true gospel of Jesus Christ. And I was able to witness the beautiful baptisms of both B and J. I have been overwhelmingly blessed with a wonderful companion, and an elder brother that I will forever be eternally indebted to. This Easter season has been one that I will never forget.

It is only through taking advantage of the atonement of Jesus Christ that we can overcome those feelings of sorrow, depression, anger, loss, resentment, guilt, and pain. And it takes effort on our part. And usually that effort hurts a little. Often it hurts a whole lot. But it is the only way to truly be happy. And for this knowledge I am so grateful. Here's another fantastic video for y'all to watch:
http://easter.mormon.org/

I love you all to the moon and back. Thank you for letting me be a part of your life.
-Sister Szilagyi

No comments:

Post a Comment