Monday, December 8, 2014

He is the Gift

Hey y'all!

Well I know you were all on pins and needles this week, wondering if Sister Szilagyi was being transferred. Oh you weren't? Well, this week we got pretty much zero sleep, because the possibility of being white-washed is extremely stressful. (Being white-washed is when both companions leave an area, and two new missionaries come in.) No need to fret, however, because I, Sister Szilagyi, am staying in Grovetown another transfer. Remember that time that one sister only had two areas in 10 transfers? Oh you don't? That's because it doesn't happen. Like, ever. But I've always been a little different (weird...), so I thought that staying for 5 transfers in another area would be a good idea. It's kind of become my thing now haha.

And I have the wonderful opportunity to be sister training leader again, which I'm extremely excited about. I can't wait to see who my new companion is, but I have a good feeling inside my heart :)
Yesterday, I had to say goodbye to my wonderful, beautiful songbird, Sister McElroy; I miss her already. Pretty much all of my best friends/mentors in the mission are flying home on an airplane today, so that's unfortunate. But that just means that I need to make more friends, right?? I can't wait to see what this transfer brings. Heavenly Father clearly wants me here, so I better work my darndest!

Anywho, this last week was another awesome one. We had such a cool experience happen to us. As you know, Sister McElroy and I really wanted to finish off her mission with a bang, and wanted to contact as many people as we possibly could. During weekly planning the week before, we had planned to go contacting on Saturday, starting at 12:00, and talk to as many people as we could. We prayed that Heavenly Father would give us an opportunity to do so. Well fast-forward a few days and we were out with a member, and what do you know? We find out that on Saturday, Grovetown is having a Christmas parade! And what time do you think it began? Yupp, 12:00. We ended up getting most of the missionaries in our zone together, and began caroling on the side of the street where the parade was happening. Directly after the parade ended, we quickly dispersed throughout the crowd. Sister McElroy and I were able to contact 55 people in about a half an hour. It was such an awesome experience. And it was a great feeling watching most of Grovetown walking around with "He is the Gift" cards in their hands. Heavenly Father is so wonderful to us.

Side note about the parade: There was a float whereupon sat men dressed up in old-timey confederate soldier uniforms. And as they passed us, I watched one of the men look at our group of singing missionaries, and I heard him turn to his friend and say, "Shoot 'em." So that was awkward. Couldn't tell if it was because we were clearly Yankees or because we were Mormon. It was a toss-up. Also, Santa passing out candy to the kids from his float? Yeah, Santa chucked candy at our heads as hard as he could. Which was a bummer. Tootsie-pops hurt. But better candy than eggs!

Back to happiness and joy: one of my very favorite things about December is that we get to go Christmas caroling! Oh the miracles that happen when you sing to people. And to add to the excitement, this year, we are able to tell people about "He is the Gift"! If you have no idea what I am talking about, please click on this link, and watch this wonderful movie, all about how Christ is the real gift of Christmas. I promise you'll love it. I've watched about 30 times now, and I love it every time: http://www.mormon.org/christmas

I love you all so very much. BIG HUG!
Sister Szilagyi

P.S. I forgot to bring my camera cord to the library today, so unfortunately y'all are just going to have to wait till next week for the festive holiday pictures. Try to contain your excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment