Monday, November 17, 2014

Raining Cats and Dogs

Hello beautiful souls!

Another lovely day in Grovetown, GA! Well actually, it's raining cats and dogs, and pretty grey. But you know what? Nothing can get this girl down! Would you like to know why? Because R was baptized! Whoo hooooo! And I love my companion! Yeahh! And the ward is awesome! Yayy! And the people we're teaching are feeling the Spirit and changing! *cheers erupt from the back*

Safe to say, things are pretty grand over here, and I'm loving every second of it. Heavenly Father has been so wonderful to us, and nothing feels better than being spiritually fed and uplifted and edified 24/7. I highly recommend it.

Highlights from the week:

-R's baptism and confirmation. Of course. He was so happy. And I will never forget the moment that I peeked open my eyes during his confirmation to watch him, and I saw his lips curve up into a smile as he received the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was a beautiful and tender moment.

-Saturday for sisters! Saturday we had an activity at the church for all of the women, and there was a nutrition class, and an apple pie making class (yes, I thought that was funny too...) and we made these cute little chalkboard signs, and ate delicious soup and pie. It was splendid.

-We had an awesome lesson/discussion with Mr. Fix It. "Mr. Fix It" is the man who fixes all of the things in our apartment complex and is a bit of a jokester and always asks us for food and is super nice. Well this week, he came to change the air filter in our apartment and I offered him some banana bread. This led to him asking us a few questions and one thing led to another and.... we had a 45 minute uplifting discussion about our different beliefs. And that is the story of how a Jehovah's Witness knocked on our door and we ended up teaching him a lesson. The end. P.S. He says that people always ask him where his bike is. I laughed. It's nice to know that it goes both ways.

-I turned one year old. I don't want to talk about it.

I love you all very very much! Thank you for the prayers and the packages. The letters and the love. Thank you for impacting me in more ways than you know.

Sister Szilagyi

No comments:

Post a Comment