Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Something Inside of Me

Where to begin, where to begin..... Well, transfer call happened on Saturday, and the verdict is....... I'm staying in Grovetown! You're talking to the girl who has been out for quite a while now and has only been transferred once her entire mission. Yepp. Quite the feat. Anywho, I'm very glad I'm staying because there is so much to do here! My time is not yet up! However, the sad little grey cloud in this situation is that I am losing my wonderful companion. Wednesday, she gets on an airplane and flies back to Temple Square, in Salt Lake City, Utah. Sadness. I cannot believe it, but it is true. I'll let y'all know who my new companion is next week!

SO many miracles happened this week, people. I mean, it's unreal. To quickly name a few:

-R has decided that he wants to be baptized!! Whoo Hoo!!! We are so happy for him! This week, we had an awesome lesson with him where we were talking and all of a sudden, he leaned forward and just started smiling. And then chuckled to himself. So we asked him what was going on and he told us that he would tell us in a second. While we waited, I watched him, and I could see his shoulders, his face, his whole body just relax. And then he told us that he wanted to be baptized. That the Spirit had just told him that this was right. He kept looking down at his arms and telling us that he felt so different. In his words: "I'm so happy. I feel warm and cold at the same time. It feels like something inside of me, right here (pointing to his chest), just burst." Every time we have seen him since, he has been glowing. We are so excited for him.

-7 of our investigators were able to make it to Trunk or Treat (the Halloween party that the church put on)! SEVEN! It was fantastic. They all had a wonderful time and were able to get to know the members better and enjoy delicious food.

-3 investigators came on Sunday! C and her kids (who all participated in the Primary Program) came! The Primary Program is where the children of the church ages 4-12 put on the service. They give their testimonies, read parts they memorized, sing songs... it's pretty much my favorite Sunday. And I was so happy to see her kids up there :) Also in attendance were two families that we've been working with. One whose children are not baptized and this was her first time coming to church with her kids in 5 years! And the other, a family that is super wonderful and the youngest girl is not yet baptized either. It was wonderful.

-An investigator who we had lost contact with called us out of the blue, and we are going to start teaching her and her daughter again!

The list just goes on and on. We have been so blessed. I am the happiest of campers.

I love y'all bunches. Like honey bunches of oats kind of bunches.

Until next week,
Sister Szilagyi

No comments:

Post a Comment