Thursday, January 22, 2015

Macon, GA!

Now before y'all freak out, just wanted to inform you that I am alive and well. The libraries were closed on Monday for MLK Day, and transfers were on Tuesday, which brings us to today!

Speaking of transfers, yes, I was finally transferred. Having to say goodbye to my beloved Grovetown and beautiful companion was ridiculously difficult, but I shall survive. My new area is...... Macon, GA! That's right, I'm going to church with my mission president and his wife now haha! And I am SO excited to be here! It is such a huge city, compared to what I have experienced on the rest of my mission! And I cannot wait to get started! My new companion is the awesome Sister Bell, who is still fairly new in the mission. Her other two companions were Sister Parke and Sister Tevi (two of my best friends on the mission), so I have GIANT shoes to fill, but it's going to be awesome!

Last week, W was baptized and it was super duper wonderful. M ended up not getting baptized because she was too afraid of the water, but it will happen when she is ready! I have never experienced something like that on my mission, and it was a bit traumatic, trying to help her overcome her fear, but we talked to her about it and assured her that this was a time that Heavenly Father wanted her to remember as a time of joy, not terror. She is the sweetest thing ever. She wanted to get baptized so badly but was so afraid of putting her head under the water. The sisters are going to keep working with her, and maybe they'll even do a little bit of practice in the kiddie pool haha. When she gets the courage to do it, it will be a happy happy day!

Sorry that this email is so short, I love you all and hope that you all have an AMAZING week!

Love, Sister Szilagyi

P.S. GO HAWKS

My new current address is: 1695 Briarcliff Rd. Macon, GA 31210

No comments:

Post a Comment