Monday, January 26, 2015

A Hymn About Chili

Hello hello from Macon, GA!

So I thought I'd start off with some fun facts about Macon so that everyone has a good idea of my current life:
-Honey Boo Boo lives one town over
-Evidently a few years ago, Macon won the best tasting tap water in the nation
-I overheard that Macon has the most churches per capita in the US
-Macon ranks pretty high as one of the most dangerous cities in the US. No one can tell me how high, people just keep telling me to "be careful"...

So things here are pretty fabulous. Still in that adjustment period, but it's starting to feel more and more like home.

Some exciting events from the week:
-Sister Bell and I almost got hit by a train. A slightly sad/funny note: Sister Bell is deathly afraid of trains. That event did not help.
-This ward is super awesome and very excited about missionary work, I can't wait to see the miracles that will come!
-We had a chili cook-off at the church. I was informed that the missionaries were performing a musical number at the cook-off when we got to Macon. No matter how hard we searched, we just couldn't find a hymn about chili, or so we thought......

(sung to the tune of "Called to Serve")
"Called to serve the chili at the cook-off
Missionaries traveling by two's
Mild or hot we'll gladly fill our bellies
We'll still like ya if you lose....

CHILI, TASTY CHILI as we glory in the cheese
CHILI, TASTY CHILI as we pile on the cream
Ladles, grab your ladles, as we scoop our bowls of beans!
Give us strength to keep on eating as we have to buy new jeans!"
-lyrics brought to you by Sister Szilagyi & Sister Bell

Have a wonderful week. Love you all so very much!
Sister Szilagyi

No comments:

Post a Comment