Monday, March 30, 2015

A Position to Serve and Comfort

Hello wonderful world!

Well this week was a wonderful one! (All except when I got a little sick, but I'm fine now!)

One of the biggest happy moments/miracles of the week was Book of Mormon class on Wednesday night. So this was our first one, and we had invited everyone we could think of. And T and K both came! T participated the entire time and really enjoyed herself. Everyone there fell in love with her. And remember K? Well she is actually a member of the RLDS church (now known as the Community of Christ). She absolutely loved it and sat there with tears streaming down her face. At the end of the class, she looked at us and said: "It feels the same. What IS the difference?" We told her that we didn't know. And we spent another hour as she read off doctrinal points of the RLDS church and we talked about our beliefs. We all learned so much. Then, on Friday, we received a text from her saying that she didn't want to be at home and that she needed someone to talk to. (She has been going through marital problems.) We told her that we would meet her at the church and we ended up having a wonderful lesson about trials and faith. We gave her the "grand tour" of the church building, and she'll be back for Book of Mormon class this week. As we were walking around, she told us that she had been so alone, and that the day we knocked on her door was "a miracle" and that we were "her angels." I love her so much. And I am grateful to be in a position to serve and comfort at a moment's notice. What a wonderful blessing on missionary service.

The timing of K texting us was quite interesting. Sister Westbrook had just called us and had informed me that my registration date for school was in three days. Um. What. Total panic mode ensued for this sister missionary who thought that she could wait until home to think about real life and now had three days to decide what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. Stressful. Because I got my equivalent of an associates' degree before I left, I have to decide my major, pretty much, now. And so I felt slightly overwhelmed at the choice I had to make. Well, after meeting with K, and testifying that the Lord has a plan for each of us, and that He is in charge, I felt a renewed sense of strength and peace. I have decided on a path of study (which is subject to change) and I am finishing registering for classes as I type. Never a dull moment! But enough of that...

Another great moment was being able to attend the General Women's Broadcast and bring L and D along with us! It was a great meeting and they loved it. Something that really stuck out to me was: The Lord's plan should always be OUR plan. There is something so calming about that. And when life gets over-confusing, it is helpful to remember. He has a plan for each of us, and it is up to us to execute it to the best of our ability. We are happier when we are obedient and are close to Him. I love you all! Have a joyful week!

Sister Szilagyi

P.S. H wants to get baptized this weekend, so please pray for her and that everything will go well!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment