Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Water and Sunshine

Hello Hello Hello!

Greetings from the absolutely BEAUtiful Beaufort, South Carolina!!! Get it...?

Oh man oh man, I don't even know how to describe how I feel right now. I left the dirty, ever-so-slightly dangerous streets of middle Georgia (which I loved), and I now live in the most gorgeous, coastal port town in South Carolina! It reminds me so much of Charleston. And I am loving every second of it! My new companion is Sister Woodard, who I'm sure I've talked about in the past. We have served together in the same areas before and we are so happy to be together!

So many miracles have happened since I've gotten here!

There is water and sunshine (oh how I missed the water!), and we cover Parris Island (which is a Marine Recruit Boot Camp). Every Sunday we get to go on base with the recruits and teach anybody who wants to learn more, and it is basically my favorite thing on planet earth. Seriously. They are struggling physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually... and are so ready to hear the gospel. As they say, if you aren't religious before boot camp, you will be. We had over 20 non-members there on Sunday! SO AWESOME. And man, it's like a movie. Those drill sergeants just yell their heads off at those poor recruits, and becoming a Marine is stinkin' hard.

We are teaching so many wonderful people that I'll just have to tell you about next week, but stay tuned for amazing things! Love you all so much!

Sister Szilagyi

This is where I live. How lucky am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment