Monday, May 5, 2014

Little Glowball

Hello all you wonderful people!
The weeks here keep getting crazier & crazier, and better & better. Maybe that's just how missionary work goes... and I'm LOVING IT.

Some church signs for you lovely people:

"If you life's going to waste, let God recycle you"
AND
"Exposure to the Son prevents burning"

YES. So great. Let that second one sink in for a minute. Love these things.

What happened this week? Let me see...
-We taught a lesson to 4 Jehovah's witnesses... that was a fun one.
-A woman that we're teaching, named B, calls Sister de St. Jeor and I "Georgia and Sizzler"
-Everyone we talk about the atonement with? Yeah, it changes their lives. Seriously.

AND.... C decided to be baptized this Saturday!!! Oh man, let me tell you. I think that is the happiest that I've ever felt. Seriously. We were over at her house like usual, and she had just gone bowling with the YSA the night before and had had a great time. So, we are talking and I say: "C, I know you always joke around that you're going to be baptized on my last week in Valdosta, and you know about transfers and how they are 6 weeks long? Well, next week is week 6, and I have been in Valdosta for 5 months, and even though I'm training Sister de St. Jeor, there's a 50/50 chance I may be leaving... And C, if I'm not here to see you get baptized, I'm going to cry my eyes out."
To which she quickly responded: "Well you don't have to worry about that, because I'm getting baptized on Saturday."
And I freaked out, and I was so happy I thought I was going to pass out. And I hugged that girl so hard. I'm sending a picture so that you can see the moment. We had to take pictures.

So background on C: she's the one that we've been working with for a while now. She's the one that decided to push up her own baptismal date because she wanted to be baptized as soon as possible. She first met the missionaries 3 years ago, and we're the third set of missionaries to teach her. And boy oh boy, it's been a bumpy road. But so absolutely worth it. She stood up this Sunday in our very first YSA branch Sacrament meeting and Testimony meeting and bore her testimony. She stood up in front of our small group of about 15 (all sitting in the choir seats) and told us how she knew that this was the true church, the one that she's been looking for her whole life. And how much we've helped her. This week, she called me her "little glowball". I'm not sure what that means, but I think it means that I'm enthusiastic...? :) The point is, that I KNOW with every fiber of my being that one of the main reasons I was sent to Valdosta was to find C. And I know that she knows that. And I am just as happy as a clam. It doesn't get better than this people. Seriously. There is nothing that brings greater joy than being able to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with someone, they accept it and want to learn everything, and they begin to change. They start talking about how they "feel different" and they are starting to lose their desire to send. And it's miraculous and only happens through Him. How very blessed I am.

As far as the new YSA branch, we are absolutely loving it! We are few but MIGHTY!! And there is so much work to be done here! We are blessed to have solid YSA's and solid recent converts that are excited about sharing the gospel and building up the branch. Tomorrow, Sister de St. Jeor and I are going to do a FHE lesson with the branch members about missionary work and brainstorming goals for what we want the branch to become and how we are going to work together to achieve those goals. We are blessed to have the wonderful support of President Robinson and his enthusiastic counselors, and I honestly cannot wait for the miracles. They have already begun.

No matter how difficult life seems to be, the atonement of Jesus Christ can relieve any pain, any insecurity, any hardship. And no matter what questions you have, about ANYTHING, your Heavenly Father can and will answer them. Pray today. Ask God a specific question. Take your question to the source of all truth and knowledge. Because when we ask specific questions, He gives us specific answers. Of this I can promise you. I love you all.

Sister Szilagyi

"C and I. ​I LOVE THIS GIRL."

No comments:

Post a Comment