Thursday, May 29, 2014

Super Fly

Hello family and friends!

It was so wonderful to skype with my family yesterday. Modern technology is amazing. So many beautiful people. I wasn't able to do it last week, but since yesterday was Mother's Day, I just wanted to publicly announce that I have the most amazing mother on planet earth. It's just a fact. She is my everything, and I love her to the moon and back. All that I have, I owe to my wonderful mother.

This week: C was baptized!! It was so wonderful. I have to tell y'all a quick story that I hope you enjoy:
So C comes into the church with her hair in a black doo-rag and we tell her that she's going to have to take that off. To which she responds that she's not getting her hair wet. And I tell her that she really can't wear a black doo-rag during her baptism. So she says, "Fine, guess I'm not getting baptized them!" So much sass. So much. So sometimes you have to get creative. So we did the only logical thing, we fashioned a doo-rag out of a plastic bag and a white slip. And let me tell you, if she didn't look SUPER fly. It was fantastic. I have included pictures of C pre white doo-rag. You'll just have to imagine it.

Hmm... other news? I got a cavity filled at President Robinson's dental office. Which was super great because now my tooth doesn't hurt. Not super great? The fact that half my face/mouth was numb and we had to go to teach the gospel to people. At one point I said "appropriate" and just spit all over the place. Attractive.

Oh and I'm staying in Valdosta for at least another 6 weeks! Which means I will be spending over 7 months here. Pretty nuts. But man oh man, do I love it here. I could spend my whole mission here and be a happy camper. I love this city, and I love the people even more.

I'm sorry this is so short. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your continuous love and support. I love you all very much, but never forget, He loves you much more than I ever can. And that is remarkable.

Sister Szilagyi

No comments:

Post a Comment